At Tompkins Outdoors we understand the importance of your personal privacy. We have instituted policies and procedures to ensure that any personal information you provide to us, as a result of our relationship with you, will be treated with the utmost care and respect. We will treat your personal information just as carefully as we would treat our own. Please take a moment to review our privacy commitment to you.
- Why we collect, use and retain your personal information
Tompkins Outdoors collects personal information about individuals in order to better manage its relationship with them.
We may collect information from you for the purpose of managing orders; accounts receivable; warranties; in-store promotions; wedding registries; marketing opportunity subscriptions; and to process licenses, provide customer service, and offer new products and services.
- We will only obtain the information we need Tompkins Outdoors will only collect information that is pertinent and necessary to manage your relationship with us. We will limit the collection and use of personal information to that which is required for valid business purposes or to comply with legislation.
- How we collect your personal information, Where possible Tompkins Outdoors will collect your information directly from you, often directly through the management of your relationship with us.
- Your consent is needed Tompkins Outdoors will obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose personal information. The method of obtaining consent is appropriate to the type of personal information being collected, used or disclosed.
If there is a specific need to collect, use or disclose your personal information that is considered sensitive, we will obtain your express consent to collect, use and disclose that information. Your express consent may be provided in writing, verbally or electronically. Where you voluntarily give us personal information, we will consider your consent to be implied.
Should you decide to withdraw your consent allowing Tompkins Outdoors to collect, use, or disclose your personal information considered reasonable to fulfil the needs of our relationship, we may not be able to continue to provide you with the programs, services or benefits offered through our relationship.
- We will limit the use and disclosure of your personal information Tompkins Outdoors will use and disclose your personal information only for the purposes it was collected – managing your relationship with us or as required by law.
We will provide you with the opportunity to opt out of programs and services. You may do that when you receive communications from us, or by contacting our Privacy Officer.
We will limit the use and disclosure of your personal information within our company and with affiliated companies. We may obtain services from third party service providers and in such case we may ask such service providers to use your personal information on our behalf as our agents. These organizations with which we share your personal information are bound by appropriate agreements with Tompkins Outdoors to secure and protect your personal information.
We do not give or sell any personal information to third parties for marketing purposes unless you have given express consent for us to do so.
- We will limit the length of time we retain your personal information Tompkins Outdoors will establish a retention period for all personal information collected. We will only keep your personal information on our records so long as it is needed for its identified purposes, or as required by law.
- We will keep your personal information up to date and accurate Tompkins Outdoors will keep your personal information as accurate, complete and up to date as necessary. By contacting our Privacy Officer you may update and amend your personal information we have on file to ensure its accuracy and completeness. If there is a disagreement or a discrepancy with regard to an issue of accuracy, this will be noted on your file.
- We will protect your personal information Tompkins Outdoors utilizes safeguards designed to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information.
Appropriate safeguards will be used when we destroy your personal information.
- Your Right to Access Tompkins Outdoors supports your right to access personal information that we have collected about you. To make a request for access to personal information we have on file, please contact our Privacy Officer.
Note that complete access cannot be guaranteed due to certain legal restrictions to your right to access. For example, you will not have access to files that contain information about other individuals or information that is confidential to Tompkins Outdoors. If you are denied access, Tompkins Outdoors will notify you of the reason and of any recourse available to you. Tompkins Outdoors will also endeavour to provide you with the factual information that pertains to you and is contained in those files.
This Privacy Statement is Tompkins Outdoors Privacy Commitment to you. If you have questions about our Privacy Commitment, please contact our Privacy Officer:
Or by calling 807-482-2833